× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 Connection dropping

suprmansreal
Follower

EX7000 Connection dropping

Hi,

My netgear wifi extender stopped working out of no where, I tried to access the mywifiext to check the firmware and am unable to access the webpage for it. I've tried resetting the extender and reconnecting to my router, it connects but kept dropping when attempting to access websites. *I can search for google in the main search bar, but all websites in a google search show, error - connection interupted" and wont let me access any other sites. I get a similar message when putting in mywifiext.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7000 Connection dropping

What are the leds on it doing? 

When you hardwired it into your router, did you re-run setup and put it in access point mode? Access point mode is the function it should be running if hardwired into the router.

If you're setting it up as an extender, then hardwire a pc/laptop in it and run the setup assistant. Just make sure to disable the wifi on the pc/laptop you're using for setup so it doesn't default back to that connection during setup. I'd also avoid using the WPS method of install. 

what router are you connecting to? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7