× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 Dropping signal at least once a week!

Finalrinse
Aspirant

EX7000 Dropping signal at least once a week!

I have an EX7000, had it for a little over one month now. About once a week all my devices connected to it are dropped, this includes 2.4 and 5Ghz. I do not have Fastlane enabled. The EX7000 stays connected to my R7000 with excellent signal but devices connected to the EX7000 are dropped about once a week. A reboot of the EX7000 fixes it but won't last. They are still on the release firmware so nothing to update. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: EX7000 Dropping signal at least once a week!

Just one, How will you feel if after six months you still have the problem? I would return it if it's not already too late.
Message 2 of 11
Finalrinse
Aspirant

I checked, I'm 3 days too late to return it, I tried. So I'm stuck with trying the forums hoping for a resolution
Message 3 of 11
Sleepy_Joe
Novice

Hello. When you lose the connection to your wireless clients, do you also lose the connection to your wired connection (given that you have anything connected to the LAN ports of your EX700).
Message 4 of 11
Finalrinse
Aspirant

I have nothing connected to my LAN ports of the EX7000, so not sure if they lose connectivity too. All my LAN's are connected to my router and it stays connected wired and wirelessly. It's just the EX7000 that loses it about every week or two.
Message 5 of 11
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

As a temporary measure while trying to find out what is happening, try powering the EX7000 from a mains timer switch and power it off for a minute or so each night when not in use (maybe longer if you want to save some energy). At least that way if the problem occurs again it might then suggest that the issue is not related to running time.
Message 6 of 11
Finalrinse
Aspirant

Babylon5 wrote:
As a temporary measure while trying to find out what is happening, try powering the EX7000 from a mains timer switch and power it off for a minute or so each night when not in use (maybe longer if you want to save some energy). At least that way if the problem occurs again it might then suggest that the issue is not related to running time.

Good idea,
Thanks
Message 7 of 11
Finalrinse
Aspirant

Babylon5 wrote:

I've been powering it off with a timer for 15 minutes once a day at 3am. This seems to take care of it, but a heck of a fix. Does this suggest a built-in timer in a firmware upgrade?
Message 8 of 11
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

No doubt you would agree that it would be better to find the root cause of the issue, but sometimes this can be a nightmare for engineers to try and diagnose remotely, even using diagnostic code.

I do have some devices that have the option of a daily reboot, it seems to be quite common for DVRs and IP cameras, and I believe there are some other manufacturer routers that can be set to reboot daily.
Message 9 of 11
Wheeler81
Novice

have you checked your even log. this sounds like DNS. you certainly may know more after the event log. Try application log first.
Message 10 of 11
jon40131
Aspirant

I used to get this problem with a Belkin Router,s and over the last couple of weeks it got very bad so I connected the router to the incoming telephone connection and it only dropped out once so I think my problem was a low ADSL signal as I was 30 feet from the incoming connection, I did eventually buy a DGN 2200v4 (netgear) and that seems to work better
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7