× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 - Drops 5 GHz; client device shows "connected; no Inter

Droider
Guide

EX7000 - Drops 5 GHz; client device shows "connected; no Inter

For several years (and notwithstanding multiple firmware upgrades and resets), I have had a problem with the Internet carried by the 5 GHz channel of my EX7000 "dying".

I am extending both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz channels from a R7800.  I connect a laptop (OS: Win10 Pro) to the EX7000 using the 5 GHz channel, and leave it connected 24/7.  Every 2 weeks (or so; there is no exact time), the laptop will lose its Internet connection, and will report "connected; no Internet".  Disconnecting and reconnecting to the 5 GHz channel is of no effect; I receive the same message each time.

I CAN connect to the 2.4 GHz channel, and do receive an active Internet connection (even if the Internet on the 5 GHz channel is dead).

The only solution is to reboot the EX7000, which works every time.  I never need to reboot either the R7800 or the laptop (I have tested both, and neither addresses the issue; the only solution is to reboot the EX7000).

At this point, I assume that the problem is crappy Netgear firmware.  Does anyone have a more permanent solution to this issue?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7