× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7000 Extender for Ethernet Only

Mr_Claw
Aspirant

EX7000 Extender for Ethernet Only

Hi,

I hope this makes sense!

How i'm set up: I have a standard switch from Sky, from here i run a cable upstairs to the gaming room and from here the cable goes into a basic netgear switch where i have 2 pc's connected into that. I can't use the wifi upstairs as the house has been extended and the signal has to go through 2 external walls and i can't extend through the power sockets as the house is on 2 fuse boxes, its a nightmare! 

What i want to do is replace that small switch in the gaming room with my ex7000 for ethernet only so that the cabled signal comes upstairs and splits the signal for both pc's but the problem i am having is the nighthawk won't use the incoming signal from the ethernet cable and only uses the super weak Wifi signal! I tested it and the speed is like down in the kbps range with the nighhawk and the small switch runs around 40gbps, i know i can get more speed from from it but i don't know how! 

How do i disable the wifi on the ex7000 so that it only accepts the ethernet signal? or am i doing it all wrong?!

Thanks   

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

The EX7000 should be setup in access point mode when its hardwired in. 

Try factory resetting it and setting it up in access point mode. 

That should do exactly what you want. 

Message 2 of 3
Mr_Claw
Aspirant

Thank you 🙂 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements