× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 Firmware Update Causing Extender to not connect to the internet?

Mike59
Aspirant

EX7000 Firmware Update Causing Extender to not connect to the internet?

I’ve spent untold hours futzing with a balky range extender.  I did the latest (recommended) firmware upgrade after I got connected (to .78).  At that point it fell off the face of the earth.  After factory resents and walking through the set up instructions, I can get to the point where it LOOKS like it’s going to work...and then ‘you are not connected to the internet’.

It wouldn’t work when I first bought it and it has sat in a closet since then.  But I’ve installed outdoor speaker out around the patio and will stream music through a Yamaha MusiCast.  The WiFi from my Motorola 7550 modem wont service the Music stream ergo the need for the range extender.

And a facetious question: does Netgear keep a straight face when they claim this device is ‘user friendly’?  I’ve got 8+ hours into this and now reading that the problem is the firmware that’s still out there and recommended to install?  Do I really have to back-rev the firmware manually?  And then what do I expect?

Message 1 of 2
Mike59
Aspirant

Re: EX7000 Firmware Update Causing Extender to not connect to the internet?

I’ve read many other posts declaring the same issue I now have, but I’ve yet to find a Netgear statement advising what the problem is and what they recommend (support).  

Is Netgear avoiding this?  Does anyone have advice from the manufacturer?  This sh*t is not exactly awe inspiring.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7