× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7000 Firmware Update Failure

wDahl823
Tutor

EX7000 Firmware Update Failure

Received email from Netgear about a new FIRMWARE update.  Logged onto Netgear website.  Clicked on message "New update is available. Click here to start."  Clicked on "here" and received this message:

A New Firmware Version is Found. Do You Want to Update to the New Version Now?

• Release Notes
  •  1.   [Bug Fix] Fixed several security bugs.

Responded yes to UPDATE and recevied this message:  "GUI Language File is Invalild" 

Also tried to manually upload and install but, got same error.   Anyone else ran into this problem or has a solution?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 19

Accepted Solutions
Red_Jester
Tutor

Check out my reply to this thread. I was having the same issue and downloaded the update manually. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/AC-1900-WiFi-Range-Extender-EX7000/m...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19

All Replies
Red_Jester
Tutor

Check out my reply to this thread. I was having the same issue and downloaded the update manually. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/AC-1900-WiFi-Range-Extender-EX7000/m...

Message 2 of 19
wDahl823
Tutor

Worked Perfect!!!    Thanks Very Much!   I really appreciate you taking time to provide me with a solution. 

Message 3 of 19
Red_Jester
Tutor

Glad to help =]
Message 4 of 19
Cris_M
Guide

I updated my extender manually as well, however, I started experiencing lots of connectivity problems after the update. My devices kept on disconnecting all the time...very unstable. Had to downgrade the firmware to the previous version in order to get the extender working in a more stable fashion. Hope Netgear comes up with a fix soon.

Message 5 of 19
wDahl823
Tutor

@Cris_M wrote:

I updated my extender manually as well, however, I started experiencing lots of connectivity problems after the update. My devices kept on disconnecting all the time...very unstable. Had to downgrade the firmware to the previous version in order to get the extender working in a more stable fashion. Hope Netgear comes up with a fix soon.

Having the same problem (disconnecting) intermittently.  Can live with it for now, hope fix is released soon.

Message 6 of 19
Uccio
Guide

The same fo rme. The extender reboot every 5/10 minutes... I have downgrade to the previous version of firmware and now works well again. 

Message 7 of 19
Uccio
Guide

It is the same for me. After upgrading the extender to 1.0.1.78 new firmware, it works for few minutes and than crashes and reboots. I have downgraded the firmware to the previous version V1.0.0.66_1.0.126 and now works fine. I hope that Netgear will work to solve the matter. 

Message 8 of 19
Cris_M
Guide

So...I was able to get the new firmware upgrade working to a pretty stable state. What I had to do is perform a full factory reset on my main modem router (Netgear C6300) and also perform a factory reset on the EX7000 by pressing and holding the reset button for 30 seconds on the EX7000. Not 100% sure a reset to my main modem router was necessary, but, I did it anyways. It made it much easier to perform the modem router reset by backing up my modem router configuration prior to the factory resetand uploading the configuration file once the reset was completed. Unfortunately, you have to go through the entire setup process all over again with on the EX7000, but, after doing this, have had more stability in the mesh network...Hope this helps...

Message 9 of 19
Uccio
Guide

Thank you for your message. I prefer to wait e new versione of the firmware. I hope that Netgear will assure a new, stable version.

Thank you again,

Fabio

Message 10 of 19
jferra1016
Tutor

Maine supposedly took the update but keeps on causing intermitant reset. Anyone else having this issue? 

Message 11 of 19
Cris_M
Guide

After about 12 hours of good performance, I started having issues again. I looked at my Modem Router's logs and consistently continue to see a "WLAN access rejected: incorrect security" error. This error is attached to the extender's MAC addresses and shows up once every 5 minutes or so. Once I revert to the previous firmware, I stop seeing this error on my modem Router's log. This may be the reason for a continuous inconsistent internet connection. PLEASE FIX THIS NETGEAR!!!

Message 12 of 19
bllfr0g
Guide

I get the intermittent reset, had to roll back to get stable performance.

Hope Netgear even reads these, and will fix soon.

Message 13 of 19
robjurd
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I also did a full factory reset on my devices, which didn't fix the issue.  Also had to rollback to the previous firmware.

Message 14 of 19
jferra1016
Tutor

I too had to had roll it back. But had to hard connect it to my network and use a laptop to load the firmware...Where I had downloaded the older firmware. It caused the Wi-Fi extender to go back to full factory settings. Took a bit of patience... No more complaints today from the family.
Message 15 of 19
Joeyirc
Aspirant

Okay I installed the new firmware update and it failed.  I since went back to the previous firmware according to the community and got back online.  Has a fix been posted yet? I am currently running v1.0.0.66_1.0.126 

Message 16 of 19
Cris_M
Guide

I haven't been notified of a fix as of yet. Still waiting on Netgear to consider my active ticket resolved.

Message 17 of 19
Joeyirc
Aspirant

Thanks for the very quick response....let's hope. 

Message 18 of 19
Clemson1987
Aspirant

Same problem as many of you. Spent several hours rebooting Extender and my Router and still got the same results. I could connect to the wifi network but could not get to the internet. Finally downloaded and installed the previous version. No issue with 1.0.0.66. Only wish I had found this forum sooner. Go Tigers!

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 17 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7