× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7000 - NEED TO REBOOT EVERY DAY

jayburn84
Tutor

Wish I had saw this thread before I posted mine... I noticed the same issues after I recently moved my EX7000 upstairs into my room where our old ISP's router/modem was... Our new ISP installed our new Gateway modem/router downstairs in the center of the house... which was great for everyone, but me... lol.

But when I brought the Ex7000 up and reset everything to work with the new ISP's modem/router (Verizon's GG1100 or whatever)... I did the update, figured what the heck... first day or two I noticed it kept rebooting randomly, thought it was the ISP/Modem but nope... came on here and saw the posts, downgraded back to EX7000-V1.0.0.66_1.0.126 and haven't had any issues since.

I only use the EX7000 basically as a router, it grabs the WiFi signal around 80%... which is rather sorry since the the new ISP's Modem/Router is literally right down a small hallway and at the bottom of the stairs. I haven't had time to run a hardline from the new modem to my PC... so I've been using the Ex7000 hardlined in, also to 2-3 other PC's which were hardlined into this room 20 years ago, saved us a lot of time and trouble... fortunately it's been a few days without any reboots or random disconnects.

With the newer firmware even hardlined into the EX7000 it kept lagging up, I'd look over and see the Ex7000 just blinking like it was rebooting, rolled back the firmware easily, and haven't had those issues since... which is great because now I'm hardlined in with the 5Ghz Unlocked for Ethernet so this is like the first time this PC has ever been getting maximum speeds... as I was hardlined into the old ISP's router and it either had 5Ghz locked or I just never set it up properly... but Verizon's Modem offers 5Ghz WiFi or Ethernet... it's been awesome.

Message 26 of 27
agonter
Initiate

Ended up following other recommendations to go back to the older firmware version. Problem is solved.  No need to reboot and getting appropriate wifi speeds.

Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7