× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7000 Quits Serving Up IP Addresses

DrCyKosis
Aspirant

EX7000 Quits Serving Up IP Addresses

Todays Netgear is not what it used to be...and support is CRAP!

I have an EX7000 Extender.  At some point, the connected devices still communicate to the router, but it won't serve up IP adresses to new devices.  Looking at the web interface...everything shows connected, but if friends come over...they cannot connect.

I discussed this ad nauseam with Netgear "support", and all they could offer is exchange for a new one, which I did...same thing!

I did the ususal...change to a static IP, factory reset it a DOZEN times, updated the firmware, changed the channels/band on my Netgear AX router...nothing!

I even installed an old Asus AC2300 router, and tried that...same thing.

Devices will connect to the extender, but after a period of time the connected devices still communicate to the router, but it won't serve up new IP address...it just hangs at obtaining IP Address. 

I had an old Netgear 6500 extender for years, and NEVER had a problem until it failed.

Any thoughts please?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Did you ever try downgrading the firmware? it wouldn't be the first time a newer firmware introduced issues. 

Message 2 of 5
DrCyKosis
Aspirant

Thanks! Yes I did...didn't make a difference.

What really is odd..
.the connected devices still work...it just won't obtain a new ip address. Not sure how the internals work, but it defies logic.
Message 3 of 5
DrCyKosis
Aspirant

Addendum: One other thing...I can walk over to the router, and obtain an IP address on 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Yet, go back by the range extender, and it authenticates, but hangs on "obtaining IP address".

Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Have you tried using it without the one wifi feature enabled? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7