× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 Range Extender Blocking an IP Address

lostinqueens
Aspirant

EX7000 Range Extender Blocking an IP Address

Greetings,

I have a Netgear EX7000 wifi range extender that has worked well for several years. Lately, one of the ip addresses connected to the EX7000 is not reachable when connecting from our main router.

Here's the scenario:

Main wifi router: 192.168.1.1; SSID: Home

Netgear EX7000 range extender: 192.168.1.4; SSID: HomeOffice

Two printers connected to the range extender: 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.5

When connected to the HomeOffice access point, I can ping both printers.

When connected to the Home router, I can ping 192.168.1.2 but not 192.168.1.5.

It almost seems like ip addresses greater than the ip address of the range extender cannot be reached, although I know this is not the cause.

No firewall rules since this is an internal network. Inbound and outbound firewall rules sit on a router earlier in the network stack. (I recognize this is irrelevant since the EX7000 range extender doesn't have any firewall capabilities.)

This issue impacts all computers. I tried clearing the arp table on the computers but that didn't fix it.

A reboot of the range extender does fix the issue temporarily, which is odd.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7000 Range Extender Blocking an IP Address

What firmware version are you on? I've seen a few people with issues on the latest firmware. 

Maybe yours updated and its causing issues. 

A couple things you can try. 

1. try a factory reset. Sometimes after a firmware upgrade, old settings can cause issues. Try factory resetting and reinstalling. 

2. try downgrading the firmware. If it is indeed the firmware, a downgrade should fix it. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What firmware version are you on? I've seen a few people with issues on the latest firmware. 

Maybe yours updated and its causing issues. 

A couple things you can try. 

1. try a factory reset. Sometimes after a firmware upgrade, old settings can cause issues. Try factory resetting and reinstalling. 

2. try downgrading the firmware. If it is indeed the firmware, a downgrade should fix it. 

Message 2 of 4
lostinqueens
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.

I'm running firmware version 1.0.1.106_1.0.190. I'll try downgrading to see if this solves the issue.

It's a bit frustrating that this device doesn't have slightly better logging capabilities. But, I'll give your suggestion a try and will report back.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
lostinqueens
Aspirant

I took @plemans suggestion. I saved the router's configuration, performed a factory reset and then restored the saved configuration and my problem was solved. Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7