× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 Range Extender Drops Devices and SSID Not Available after several hours of operation

FranklySpeaking
Aspirant

EX7000 Range Extender Drops Devices and SSID Not Available after several hours of operation

I am running the latest firmware on both the router and extender.

Issue that I am experiencing is that after several hours or days of operation, my devices that use the extender become disconnected all at once.  When this happens, the SSID of the EX7000 range extender is not visible.  A restart of the extender clears the issue.  Because I frequently travel, this remedy is not only annoying but also ineffective for me.

Thoughts?  Is the device simply defective or is there something I should try?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX7000 Range Extender Drops Devices and SSID Not Available after several hours of operation

Hi @FranklySpeaking,

When you are able to, you can try doing a factory reset as we usually recommend after a firmware update. Please keep us posted on the results and your observations.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX7000 Range Extender Drops Devices and SSID Not Available after several hours of operation

Hi @FranklySpeaking,

Welcome to the community!

1. Please indicate the exact firmware version of the extender.

2. Is the extender configured in AP mode or extender mode?

3. What is the status of the extender LEDs when the connection drops?

4. Have you tried resetting the extender?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
FranklySpeaking
Aspirant

Thanks for the warm welcome Dexter and for the assistance.  Below are my responses...

1. Please indicate the exact firmware version of the extender.  

<I will provide the exact version as soon as possible - I am currently away.  I confirmed it was running the latest FW version available to the public as of 2 days ago.  After it upgraded, I checked again and the EX7000 responded that there were no newer versions available>

2. Is the extender configured in AP mode or extender mode?

<extender mode>

3. What is the status of the extender LEDs when the connection drops?

<I will get that when I return - all the devices have gone offline again so it is currently in a failure state.  If I recall correctly, the 2G light was slowly blinking between green and white when it is failed>

4. Have you tried resetting the extender?

<I have re-performed "Set Up" but have not "Reset" the EX7000.>

Message 3 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @FranklySpeaking,

When you are able to, you can try doing a factory reset as we usually recommend after a firmware update. Please keep us posted on the results and your observations.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @FranklySpeaking,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 5 of 6
FranklySpeaking
Aspirant

Yes... still having multiple issues.

Firmware version is V1.0.1.164 and I have reset the router.

Sometimes, even after immediately restrarting, there is no 2G network being broadcast.

After a few hours of operation, devices will drop but there is still a 2G network being broadcast. We I connect to "mywifi" to check the status, I receive an error message that states "Checking JS support" and am unable to connect.

The reliability of the device seems to be getting worse.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7