× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 WiFi drops every day

yalrighty
Aspirant

EX7000 WiFi drops every day

Just like the title. I have an EX7000 with the latest firmware update. I have fastlane enabled dedicating the 5ghz radio to communicate with an Asus RT-AC3200 router and wifi devices only connect to the nighthawk on the 2.4 radio. The wired desktop PCs connected to the lan ports remain connected just fine but about once a day all wifi devices (phones, laptop) will lose connectivity and not be able to access the net until the nighthawk extender gets a reboot. Very frustrating considering it cost almost $200 Canadian. This is a brand new device only about 1 week old. It works great until the wifi drop. A quick Google search suggests this is a common or known issue. Is there not a fix for this? Please tell me there is a fix....

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
yalrighty
Aspirant

Re: EX7000 WiFi drops every day

While waiting for an answer I will add I just changed the settings so fastlane is disabled but the unit only connects to the 5ghz band of the Asus RT-AC3200 router. Then on the wireless settings I have disabled the 5ghz network and only have the 2.4ghz network on. So basically I have manually done what fastlane setting does. Hopefully I get a good result and the drops stop happening.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7