× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 Will Not Connect to Internet

CarlosJay
Initiate

EX7000 Will Not Connect to Internet

My EX7000 magically stopped connecting to the internet after a year of use.  It connects just fine to the Spectrum-provided RAC2V1K WiFi router. 

I’ve tried the following with no luck:

• Factory reset via the HMI, then re-configuring while connected to the EX7000 wirelessly
  • Factory reset via the HMI, then reconfiguring while wired to my computer
  • Factory reset using the button on the back of the EX7000, the reconfiguring (wired & wireless)
  • Gave the EX7000 a static IP address
  • Downgraded firmware to 1.0.66
  • Upgraded to firmware V1.0.1.90_1.0.156

The only way I can get my extender to connect computers via WiFi to the internet is if the EX7000 is cabled directly into my RAC2V1K router.  Then, any device I have can connect via 2g or 5g to the EX7000 and then outside the house.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
shinz62
Initiate

Re: EX7000 Will Not Connect to Internet

I'm having the same problem, it started happening right after I got the latest firmware update, before that I never had any problems with it.

I blame this on the latest firmware from netgear, since then I do not have an extender, it will ONLY function properly as an access point.

I have tried repeatedly, to follow the directions for setting up the extender but after completing the final step and then pressing next when I reconnect I always end up with this message from this the local page (http://mywifiext.local/IA_hijack.htm😞

"

Your WiFi extender is not connected to the router. Do you want NETGEAR Genie to help?

"

With these options:

[YES] or [NO, I'LL CONNECT MANUALLY]

If you say YES, it will take you through the setup again, but it doesn't work and you end up right back to this page.

If I say NO, I do not know what to do and cannot get it connected.

I'm almost ready to throw this extender in the trash can.

Please help!

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 3
CarlosJay
Initiate

Re: EX7000 Will Not Connect to Internet

After a good bit of head scratching, factory resetting the EX7000, checking router/modem settings, reading, and even having my ISP come over and check things out, it's finally resolved.  I eventually found threads in these forums that said firmware v1.0.0.66 fixed the problem.  Well, it did.

I'm really disappointed about how long Netgear has known about this problem in, yet has done nothing to resolve the issue.  When this thing dies, and I'm guessing it will sooner than later, I won't be buying another Netgear product.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7