× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 and Fios-G1100 loss of ping

gldouglass
Follower

EX7000 and Fios-G1100 loss of ping

I'm getting intermitten (somewhat random), IP connectivity loss with some devices conencted to the Extender (EX7000).

I'm using a shared SSID (2.4 and 5) and extender via my Fios G1100 router  and AP, and one device in particular has been the biggest pain. The device is connecting with 802.11ac and at times when connected to the extender will stop connecting to the router. I will try to ping from the router to the one device and all pings time out. However, I can visibily see the device in the extenders UI. Once this device is in this state, I will try a different SSID (2.4 or 5) with no luck (and for some reason this takes 30-60 seconds to connect), until... I physically sit next to the Fios G1100 router, reconnect to either SSID (which for some reason, takes 10-15 seconds) and then everything is working fine again on that device. 

What's special about this device? It's an Iphone 10, but I have other Apple products (Ipads) that don't have this issue (AFAICT). I will say I didn't notice that some of the other devices are not using 802.11ac, but 802.11n, however, I do have a laptop that is using 802.11ac with zero issues.

I've already ensured the firmware is up to date, there's no logging on the extender so I've got no idea whats happening there, The Fios G1100, I can only really see the DHCP requests, so I'm not sure what's happening there. 

I do have the ability to merge the two SSID's on the Fios G1100 but I had some other issues doing that, in that the Fios G1100 was autonegotating 80% of my devices to 2.4Ghz, and I didn't like that (slower)... I bring that up in case someone suggests using the smart setup

thoughts?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7