× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 disconnects after firmware upgrade

ElCubano00
Aspirant

EX7000 disconnects after firmware upgrade

Recently upgraded to firmware V1.0.1.84_1.0.148 from V1.0.0.68_1.0.128.  Once back up, have been experiencing multiple disconnects from different devices, (iOS devices, FireStick).  Last firmware attempted was V1.0.0.78_1.0.128 and experienced the same disconnecting behavior.  Currently rolled back to V1.0.0.66_1.0.128 as it seems to have been a stable option.  My concern is that every firmware after v68 (v78, v80 & v84) have exhibited similar disconnect behavoir.  When is Netgear going to address this problem?  What is the point of upgrading firmware when it causes other problems.  Honestly this was my first Netgear product and most likely will be my last as the development and support for this is not promising.  Has anyone else experienced the same issues?

Thanks

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7000 disconnects after firmware upgrade

have you tried factory resetting after the update? Any times there's issues after an update, a factory reset and re-install are a good start. 

Message 2 of 4
ElCubano00
Aspirant

Yes, a factory reset was done after the upgrade and a new configuration was done on the device.  The disconnects persisted which is why I reverted back to an older firmware version as the connections were more stable.  My opinion is that if a reset is required after a firmware upgrade, this step needs to be added to the instructions, or the firmware needs to be better written to avoid having to factory reset after a firmware upgrade. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Most devices don't require a factory reset after reboot which is why it isn't a requirement. 

but its a good first step when a device does have issues after a firmware upgrade. 

And this is a troubleshooting forum. So its always good to start with first steps. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7