× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 extender connection to SAGEMCOM router and NBN

supernova7
Tutor

Followed extender set-up steps to the letter.
1) Moved the extender within 2 feet of router.
2) Reset the extender. LEDs blinked Orange.
3) Pushed WPS button on extender (LEDS blinked Green)
4) Pushed WPS buwton on router (LED blinked Green)
5) After approximately one minute LEDs on both devices turned solid green (Devices paired?)
6) Used mobile phone and found OPTUS_A43FD3_2GEXT SSID and connected succesfully to it.. My router's SSID is OPTUS_A43FD3. I did not find NETGEAR EXT. I am assuming OPTUS_A43FD3_2GEXT SSID was created on a previous attempt.
7) Logged into the Netgear Set-UP page. Found Wifi network and router SSID, clicked on the 2.4GHz check box and clicked NEXT.
😎 Entered router SSID and password successfully.
9) Clicked NEXT button.
10) Used the mobile phone (which was connected to OPTUS_A43FD3_2GEXT SSID) and started to browse Internet Web Sites.
11) Unsuccessful. (Error message "No Internet Connection" appears.
12) Repeated steps 1-11 many times including resetting the router beforehand but no connection.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7000 extender connection to SAGEMCOM router and NBN

did you ever try installing via the netgear installation wizard and not using wps? 

Wps can be coded different for different device makers and it doesn't always work. which is why the installation assistant is the other method of install.

I'd try factory resetting the extender again, hardwire into it from a laptop/desktop, and then follow the smart installation wizard and not wps. 

What firmware is on the extender?

What sagecom device is it? not all of them play nice with extenders. 

Message 2 of 3
supernova7
Tutor

Re: EX7000 extender connection to SAGEMCOM router and NBN

Thanks plemans

In the end I found a long ethernet cable and connected the router to the extender. Set-up extender in Access Point mode. All good now.

Thanks for your help.

@plemans wrote:

did you ever try installing via the netgear installation wizard and not using wps? 

Wps can be coded different for different device makers and it doesn't always work. which is why the installation assistant is the other method of install.

I'd try factory resetting the extender again, hardwire into it from a laptop/desktop, and then follow the smart installation wizard and not wps. 

What firmware is on the extender?

What sagecom device is it? not all of them play nice with extenders. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7