× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 home page not accessible, no wifi, after reset

EX7000 home page not accessible, no wifi, after reset

EX700 extender

Needed a Reset, so did that with pressing the reset button.

Connected the extender (latest firmware) via wifi with my router with WPS buttons. But now I do not see any wireless networks from the extender, nor is the page mywifiext .net or .local accessible when I connect a laptop to the extender with ethernet cable.

My router shows an IP address for the extender as device  READYSHARE.

What did I miss?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions

Re: EX7000 home page not accessible, no wifi, after reset

@plemans wrote:

I'm just curious if you have any other devices in the connected devices page of your router that might be the extender. 

If you hardwire into the extender (with router turned off) and reboot the extener, it should get a default ip address of 192.168.1.250.

does that happen?

No other extender device shows.

I think I now understand the issue 🙂

Thanks for pointing out the meshing feature that I messed in the firmware update! I actually left it like that.

My network has another range than 192.168.1.x  and so the reset to 192.168.1.250 will not show in my router or anywhere on my network. So I would need to set a static 192 IP on the device I want to connect. Previously I must have done the change ofhe IP from the extender.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What you missed is the EX7000 is a mesh extender. 

On the latest firmware, if you setup using WPS or the default settings, it sets up as a mesh device. Meaning it has the same ssid as the router. This allows your devices (phone/laptop/tablets) to roam between the router/extender as needed without your input. 

If that's not something you'd like, you can disable it and set it with its own ssid. 

Message 2 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@baR2D2thefirst wrote:

Connected the extender (latest firmware) via wifi with my router with WPS buttons. But now I do not see any wireless networks from the extender, ...

This was explained before by @plemans already.

@baR2D2thefirst wrote:

...nor is the page mywifiext .net or .local accessible when I connect a laptop to the extender with ethernet cable.

This is strange, but it might depend if your host does a secure [encrypted] DNS access.

Try the IP address you see assigned to it on the router 

@baR2D2thefirst wrote:

My router shows an IP address for the extender as device  READYSHARE.

Appears your router is overly smart - the EX7000 does not name itself as the host name REDYSHARE with the DHCP request. but it does annouce this name for the ReadyShare SMB disk access (in NetBIOS announcement) - that's where that name is coming from.

Message 3 of 8

Thanks both. Still leaves me with the issue I cannot login and change settings?

Model: EX7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Access Point
Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

Other than readyshare, is the IP address in your router for what IP address it has? 

Message 5 of 8

@plemans wrote:

Other than readyshare, is the IP address in your router for what IP address it has? 

I cannot login to that IP, so I think not?

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

I'm just curious if you have any other devices in the connected devices page of your router that might be the extender. 

If you hardwire into the extender (with router turned off) and reboot the extener, it should get a default ip address of 192.168.1.250.

does that happen?

Message 7 of 8

@plemans wrote:

does that happen?

No other extender device shows.

I think I now understand the issue 🙂

Thanks for pointing out the meshing feature that I messed in the firmware update! I actually left it like that.

My network has another range than 192.168.1.x  and so the reset to 192.168.1.250 will not show in my router or anywhere on my network. So I would need to set a static 192 IP on the device I want to connect. Previously I must have done the change ofhe IP from the extender.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7