× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7000 internet issues after firmware upgrade

drewtabs
Aspirant

have had same problem, update is buggy, been on with tech support for 3 hours, still no resolution

Message 26 of 37
Fluffylusgimpus
Aspirant

I had similar issues since the firmware update. Everything was running smoothly and then the update knocked my extender's net out and completely made it out of loop. Tried doing multiple factory resets and re-setting up the whole thing and the whole process was out of whack. Like my phone would be able to connect to the extender and not my PC or vice versa. I can't believe they'd release an update this freaking broken. I finally fixed it after downloading the older version and patching it to that. Didn't know where else to leave a complaint about this, so I'm hoping this is the right place or a good place to start.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 27 of 37
drewtabs
Aspirant

After four hours with tech support, sent them supporting data to show the glitches, logs, screen shots etc. Yes the software is NO GOOD and rolling back could also hang up the extender. So make sure you reset it after it may crash on loading. Then it comes back. Frustrated with wifi extenders, I hardwired a line to the deadspots and are now using the 7000 as an access point, with the previous software. Everything running smoothly. Yes it would be great to have an actual MESH upgrade that works! Netgear let us know. Their reply was everyone wrote here but no one sent up diagnostics to the second level tier. 

Message 28 of 37
minsou
Tutor

Same problem but as a solution i sent it back to Amazon to be refund and change for another brand.

Message 29 of 37
Dyros
Aspirant

Have had nothing but issues with the new firmware as well. Mainly use the extender for my Circle 2 security cams.  After a power failure while on vacation...boom, extender went down, so no security cam. Got home, rebooted the extender and it worked fine for a bout a week. This morning my cam was offline, logged into extender where status was fine but no connected devices. Long story short, came here and have just downgraded firmware to V1.0.0.66 as others have done. So far so good, did upgrade via wired laptop. Process went smoothly.

Message 30 of 37
RivalTek
Aspirant

Same issue. Upgraded to latest firmware version, got "IP Configuration problem" from my mobile phone, laptop wireless just said "Connected, No Internet". Frustrated, tried several different configuration options -disabling 5GHz, disabling/enabling the single-name Wifi option, etc. Nothing worked, so rolled back and reflashed the previous version. All working now. It seems like this firmware was dropped without any testing or QA.

Message 31 of 37
MarkKahn
Aspirant

I just updated my firmware to version V1.0.1.78_1.0.140 and now cannot access some internet sites. I tried rolling back to the prior firmware using the procedures in this thread but when selecting the prior firmware file EX7000-V1.0.0.66_1.0.126.chk I get the error message "Please select the correct configuration file." I tired rolling back to other versions but still get this same error message. Anyone else have this issue?

Message 32 of 37
MarkKahn
Aspirant

So when I get to step 5 i get an error "Please select the correct configuration file" and I can't get past this. Any ideas?

Message 33 of 37
drewtabs
Aspirant

do a hard reset with the pin for 30 seconds and try again

Message 34 of 37
minsou
Tutor

Unzip the file before
Message 35 of 37
MarkKahn
Aspirant

Yes I had unzipped the file before and had done a hard reboot. Any other ideas?

Message 36 of 37
Youb22
Initiate

After the new firmware update (V1.0.1.78_1.0.140), I got a lot of IP configuration issues, DHCP didn't work anymore. After changing the configuration of the router (adding both mac address, real and virtual for each of my devices), the DHCP seems to be OK for now...

However I encounter a lot of intermittent disconnections...

Happy to see i'm not the only one!

I wish Netgear is working on a correction... but it has been a long time now since the firmware release. 😞

Not good for the business...

Message 37 of 37
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7