× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 retaining IP address

kidsmurf2000
Aspirant

EX7000 retaining IP address

Hi

My EX7000 (as a Wifi Extender) seems to be hanging onto IP addresses after devices have disconnected. DHCP on the modem knows the IP is no longer in use though, and then re-allocates the IP address to a new device, resulting in an IP conflict on the network.

The only way I can see to fix this to reboot the EX7000. Any ideas how to stop this state from occuring without rebooting?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX7000 retaining IP address

Hi @kidsmurf2000,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the device?

2. Have you tried doing a factory reset?

3. As an option, if your router/gateway supports it, you can try doing IP address reservation for the devices that connect to your network to avoid IP conflicts.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
kidsmurf2000
Aspirant

Thanks!

1. What is the firmware version of the device?

Away from device, but its the latest - updated a week or so ago. Will confirm later.

2. Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Yes

3. As an option, if your router/gateway supports it, you can try doing IP address reservation

Yeah, that's what I'm currently trying - I've moved the dynamic range to 192.x168.1.40+, and added reserved IPs for known devices from x.1 - x.39... unfortunately, I have to add two IPs per device, one for the global mac address and one the virtual mac address, so its not a perfect solution. The modem is limited to 32 reserved IPs.

Cheers!

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @kidsmurf2000,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7