× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 stops broadcasting 2.4 ghz

Savon42
Aspirant

EX7000 stops broadcasting 2.4 ghz

The EX7000 would work for awhile but every night, the internet is stopped being broadcasted through 2.4 ghz.  I have to reset the range extender in order for the internet to work through 2.4 ghz again.  The internet doesn't stop from being broadcasted through 5 ghz when it stops in 2.4 ghz.  Is there a solution for this?  My internet router broadcasts the same SSID for the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. I have the latest firmware installed.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7000 stops broadcasting 2.4 ghz

What router are you using? Some routers that utilize single ssid solutions have the capability within them to load balance. Aka move devices from the 2.4ghz channel to the 5ghz channel. Not saying thats what's happening but it the router could be trying to move it and failing and then it not reconnecting. Have you tried turning off your routers single ssid function and seeing if the drops still happen?

Message 2 of 3
Savon42
Aspirant

Re: EX7000 stops broadcasting 2.4 ghz

I am using the Arris TG1682G router from Comcast.  I will try turning off the single SSID and see if there is a change in performance.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7