× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7000 won't allow wireless connection after firmware update

PRK123
Aspirant

EX7000 won't allow wireless connection after firmware update

I recently updated my EX7000 to Firmware Version: V1.0.1.80_1.0.144. After that firmware update, the following devices were no longer configured/connected as they were prior to the update:

• 2 - Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, model RTH8500
    • I attempted to reconnect the thermostats following the Honeywell User Guide. 
    • I follow the steps, but the Thermostat displays "CONNECTION FAILURE" upon completion.
    • I connected one of the thermostats to my AT&T U-Verse Modem/WiFi Router so I know the issue is with the EX7000.
    • The other thermostat is located beyond the range of the AT&T U-Verse Modem/WiFi Router.
  • 3 - FDT Wireless Security Camera, model FD7903
    • I attempted to connect the cameras following the FDT User Guide. 
      • Following the setup guide, I connected a camera to the EX7000 using an ethernet cable successfully. When I disconnect the cable, the camera does not connect via WiFi as it should.
      • I connected one of the cameras to my AT&T U-Verse Modem/WiFi Router so I know the issue is with the EX7000.

I'm fairly technical, but I'm stumped. The following devices reconnected to the EX7000 WiFi with no issue after the firmware update:

• iPhones
  • HP 6700 Printer
  • Direct TV
  • Roku
  • 5 Woods WiFi Timers

Any help is greatly apprectiated.

Thanks,

Paul K.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to adjust the wireless channel at all on the extender or the router that the extender is connected to?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
PRK123
Aspirant

I changed the channel on my AT&T Modem/Router but I am still unable to connect the devices to the EX7000. 

Message 3 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PRK123 - Thanks for confirming. I'd like for our Support Team to contact you for further investigation. Please send me a message with your contact info.

~Christian 

Message 4 of 8
robjurd
Aspirant

You're not the only one with issues on this firmware.  I've had to revert to 66 to make it work

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/EX7000-drops-connections-after-firmw...

Message 5 of 8
PRK123
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip.  I rolled back to 66 but I still have the problem.  I purchased the EX7000 Extender in June of 2016. If I knew the firmware version that was on the Extender when I purchased it, I would revert back to it.  I've wasted so much time trying to reconnect devices, my patience has worn thin. I'm ready to by a new extender and it wont be a Netgear.

Message 6 of 8
PRK123
Aspirant

One more comment. Although I provided my contact information as requested earlier in this thread, NO one from Netgear Support has contacted me...

Message 7 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello PRK123, 

I am unable to locate a message from you with your contact information. When you get a chance, please send me a message. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7