× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300 Firmware Update - Does Netgear Recommend ITS for network security support?

EX7300 Firmware Update - Does Netgear Recommend ITS for network security support?

I was trying to update the firmware on my WIFI extender, and a chat box came on the Netgear site, and they asked if I wanted help.  I said yes and they asked for my phone number, which I provided and then called me back and tried to sell me ITS network security support.  I realize my extender is out of warranty, but it didn't feel right to have someone from Netgear tell me my Norton Security would not protect my network like ITS could.  Is that legitimate?  And is ITS support for $449 for life a good deal?

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: EX7300 Firmware Update - Does Netgear Recommend ITS for network security support?

@marcusmembrane wrote:

I was trying to update the firmware on my WIFI extender, and a chat box came on the Netgear site, and they asked if I wanted help.  I said yes and they asked for my phone number, which I provided and then called me back and tried to sell me ITS network security support.  I realize my extender is out of warranty, but it didn't feel right to have someone from Netgear tell me my Norton Security would not protect my network like ITS could.  Is that legitimate?  And is ITS support for $449 for life a good deal?

I don't think the chatbox came from Netgear.  They wouldn't be selling you ITS (whatever that is).  What site were you on exactly?

Message 2 of 5

Re: EX7300 Firmware Update - Does Netgear Recommend ITS for network security support?

I thought I was on the Netgear Technical Support page.  But then a chat box came up and the tech asked if I needed help.  I said, yes, she asked for my phone number, and then they called me and told me my warranty was expired and I could get all the computer I would need by buying this ITS protection.  They said I wouldn't even need my Norton 360 anymore.

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello marcusmembrane, 

Would you be able to provide the site you were on? Furthermore, please use the following link to get in contact with support: 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

~Christian 

Message 4 of 5

I thought it was the Netgear support site, but now I'm not sure.  All I know is a chat box popped up and they asked me if I wanted help.  I said yes, then a guy called me and wanted me to purchase ITS Support at something like $450 for life, or in yearly increments for less.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7