× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7300 Mesh Upgrade

RLV1
Aspirant

EX7300 Mesh Upgrade

I have sucessfully updated the firmware on my EX7300 range extender to the latest version but I have been unable to implement the Mesh features. I cannot locate the radio buttons to turn on the One Name option when I access the extenders set up page. The extender is still broadcasting the _EXT locations for both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands from my Linksys router.

After updating the firmware I ran the Smart Setup process but did not see any buttons/options in that process for the One Name setup.

Can someone indicate exactly where the One Name option can be found, please?

Thanks,

Model: EX7300|AC2200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
TigerTiger
Tutor

I just did this, as well.

The last line on the directions page (red printed lines) are to do a factory reset after firmware upgrade to enable mesh.

I did that and believe that it's now "Meshed."

My question when I stumbled on your question was and is, there are no ther LEDs on, other than the green powerandWPS LEDs.  Don't know if that's OK.

So..an answer for you and a new question fror everyone.

Thanks

Message 2 of 6
RLV1
Aspirant

Thanks very much for the quick reply and the tip on the extender reset.

I ran the Smart Setup after the firmware update but did not reset the extender first. I somehow missed that point in spite of repeated readings of the instructions.

I'll do the reset and then rerun the setup and hope the option for One Wifi Name is presented by the installation assistant.

BTW, is your extender now broadcasting your router's wifi address without the _EXT extension? I think that would be an indication that it's

operating in the Mesh mode.

Message 3 of 6
TigerTiger
Tutor

Yes... The"_EXT's", are gone.
I hope that you have success. Please let me/us know.
Message 4 of 6
Jenovalente
Aspirant

Hi;

i just got an EX-7300 about a week ago for cyber Monday as it was cheaper than an Orbi satellite. I have an Orbi RBR50 with an RBS50 and a RBW30 sarellite. 

The Ex-7300 received the newest firmware and is mesh ready. Since the Orbi has two 5GHz radios (one for Backhaul and one for data), how can I make sure that the extender extends the data network and not the bqckhaul network? Does it even make a difference.

thanks

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

While I think it's not the greatest idea to add an extender to an Orbi system: The Orbi backhaul can't be connected to by standard WiFi STA, being an extender, a client, ...

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7