× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300 Network Signal Drops

Sgtkeebler
Initiate

EX7300 Network Signal Drops

Hello all,

So I bought the new EX7300 and all this week there has been nothing but network drops. I think it may have something to do with latest firmware, but I am listing some other steps I have taken.

1.) I downgraded to a firmware version that I remember not having any signal drops.

2.) I made sure that my Linksys 1900ACv1 was set to WPA2 Personal only, not WPA/WPA2. I also changed the EX7300 to WPA2 only as well. That got rid of the message following this sentence. I did this because my EX7300 kept saying that it would only run in N 54MBPS if I use WPA ( I think another bug with the software), because it still gives me that message even though my router is set to WPA2 Personal and my EX7300 set to use "Same pass as network".

3.) I set the EX7300 with a static IP address

So far I havent had any drops since doing the above steps. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Will update after a few days.

If anyone has any other "fixes" post them here. Its really disappointing to buy a really awesome piece of tech for to not work.

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 Wall-plug Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: EX7300 Network Signal Drops

Hi @Sgtkeebler,

Do you experience this drop only on specific band or both? Does it happen on all devices connected to extender? Did you performed reset after firmware upgrade and checked if your issue persist? Do modify wireless channels on your router if your issue persist.

Message 2 of 4
Sgtkeebler
Initiate

Signal drops on both bands, and after the newest firmware update I have restarted it before. Honestly I forgot to update my post but after doing above steps in my og post I haven’t had any problems except for 1 time and that’s it. Things have been running smooth on version the version before the newest.
Message 3 of 4
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Sgtkeebler,

So you are running firmware version 1 before latest and you don't witness any issues. But you have signal drops on latest firmware?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7