× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7300 Range Extender setup

rebmisha
Aspirant

EX7300 Range Extender setup

I am having issues setting up the EX7300 with a Pace modem/router model 5268AC.  The extender recognizes my network, all the lights are solid green, but I am unable to access any webpages on the extender network.  I used the WPS setup protocol, and everything went well, until I tried to get on the Internet.  

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 Wall-plug Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello rebmisha

Try to factory reset the extender and try to use the setup wizard to connect to the router. Also make sure the router is WPA2 security.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
rebmisha
Aspirant

Oh, I've tried that...several times. No luck
Message 3 of 4
rebmisha
Aspirant

It's been a difficult nut to crack.  It seems that AT&T's Uverse modem/router (Pace 5268 AC) has some secret setting that blocks the signal to Netgear and Linksys range extenders.  As a workaround, I set up a separate network using my Linksys router (I connected my router with an Ethernet cable to one of the ports on the Pace router) and therefore one would think that the range extender connecting to my alternate network would work.  But still no luck.  In fact, when the range extender is plugged in to the network, it BLOCKS access to websites.

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 Wall-plug Range Extender
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7