× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300 WiFi Range Extender drops speed to 0.2 Mbit once a day. Why?

Boris_M
Follower

EX7300 WiFi Range Extender drops speed to 0.2 Mbit once a day. Why?

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my EX7300. About once per day the connection speed to my Router/Modem (Fritz!Box) is dropping to about 0.2 Mbit and I either restart the EX7300 or the Fritz!Box to reconnect on their own once they are up and running and then everything is back to normal.

This is currently really annoying as me and my girlfriend need to work from home and when the speed drops and I cannot work anymore, she is still on a call for an hour but I can't do anything with that speed and only restart it once she is done with her meeting.

I checked for the latest firmware but it's all up to date and all the lights on the EX7300 look normal (all 4 constant green light).

I don't know what's wrong with it, it just drops the speed to a creeping slow connection. I tested the speed with an app directly connected to the WiFi of the Fritz!Box as well as to my other Netgear router in the living room and all work perfect, only the EX7300 is causing the issue somehow.

The connection is not fully lost as my GF is still connected via IP phone of her computer and in a call, just video calls or screen sharing won't work properly at that speed anymore.

Any ideas are very welcome.

Thanks

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7