× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7300 drops connection

sleeps
Aspirant

EX7300 drops connection

After setting up the extender and connecting to the 5G it keeps disconnecting/reconnecting also so does the 2G connection. My old extender never had any dropped connections and I checked the firmware to make sure it's upgraded to the latest and it is. The router it's connecting to is a Linksys 1200AC flashed with dd-wrt. I'm not sure if it's something within my router settings that has the extender having a hard time connecting or if the extender is faulty. All of the extenders settings are set to default and all lights are green.

Model: EX7300

Firmware: 1.0.1.60

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 Wall-plug Range Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
sleeps
Aspirant

It appears my router being flashed with dd-wrt is the issue.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
sleeps
Aspirant

Correction: It seems the 2G connection has been stable for about 30 mins or so but as for the 5G it still contiunes to disconnect/reconnect every few seconds. Btw the Linksys router I mentioned the exact model is WRT1200AC v1.

Message 2 of 4
sleeps
Aspirant

Update:

So it seems when I have 2 or more devices connected to the same connection thats when the disconnects/reconnects happens. I noticed this at first I had my phone connected to the 5G late last night after shutting down my PC so the phone was the only device connected and it stayed connect. This morning I turn my PC on and connect to the 5G and the disconnect/reconnect occurs on both phone and PC. I tested with 2G and same thing happened on both devices. I had one connected to 2G and the other on 5G and both have stable connections. So it seems I was able to rule out that I can't have multiple devices connected on the same network and now the question is why is this happening with the extender?

Message 3 of 4
sleeps
Aspirant

It appears my router being flashed with dd-wrt is the issue.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7