× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300 slow ethernet

mjfehringer
Aspirant

EX7300 slow ethernet

when I connect wirelessly to my EX7300 I can get over 150 Mbps speed but when I plug in a device through the Ethernet jack and a CAT5e cable I'm only getting about 40 to 50. Any idea why the ethernet is slower?
Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7300 slow ethernet

Are you using fastlane?

Have you checked in the status page of the extender to check the connections? maybe for some reason its defaulting to using the 2.4ghz for the ethernet connection. (2.4ghz is slow)

Message 2 of 7
mjfehringer
Aspirant

Yes I am using FastLane. Would that make a difference?
Message 3 of 7
mjfehringer
Aspirant

I should also let you know I've tested the speed using my Roku ultra. And it doesn't have a wireless connection It's using just the ethernet connection so it wouldn't really be receiving a 2.4 GHz signal.
Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Right. but if you're using fastlane and using the 2.4ghz for the router---->extender connection, it'll be slow. 

If you have the 5ghz set for the router--->extender connection, then you'll have a faster backhaul. 

Message 5 of 7
mjfehringer
Aspirant

Nope it's issuing 5Ghz. I'm getting a super fast 5Ghz signal off the extender on other devices.
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

Right. If you're using fastlane and using 5ghz for the fronthaul (connection devices use) then its using 2.4ghz as the backhaul. which is slow. 

Try switching them around so the 5ghz is the backhaul and test your ethernet speed. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7