× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7300 v2 Connected to Router but no DNS or internet

jefferis
Guide

EX7300 v2 Connected to Router but no DNS or internet

HI,  I got this unit yesterday and followed the instructions.  Both the connection to the router and the computer show Green solid, but I don't see any activity on the arrows.  My office HP  PC connects to the extender but cannot access the Internet with  a DNS error.   I tried with my mac laptop and had FULL bars to the extender but also when I tried to connect to any webpage, it stalls out and will not connect.    I am wondering if we are not being assigned an IP address by the router? 

The router is a Spectrum provided router.  I assume the firmware is current on the Netgear as it is brand new.  We have rebooted the computer without result.   Any ideas? 

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
nvbouncer
Aspirant

I am dealing with the same issues, just purchased the extender. No problems during setup, just getting the extender to have an internet connection. Downloaded the most recent firmware update and applied it locally, the extender was running on older firmware but still didnt solve the issue. Also disabled MAC filtering on the spectrum router, no luck there. Probably some incompatibility issue somewhere so just going to return it and try a different extender. 

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 2 of 3
jefferis
Guide

I found that we had to replace the Spectrum Router (not modem) to get an extender to work.  It may have worked with this Netgear, but I returned it thinking that was the issue.  We got another brand wireless router for about $65 and replaced Spectrum's junk and it works fine now.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7