× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300V2 Cannot connect to 5G on the Wifi Router (Netgear R6900P - Dual Band)

DeathValley
Follower

EX7300V2 Cannot connect to 5G on the Wifi Router (Netgear R6900P - Dual Band)

Netgear Wifi Extender: EX7300v2

• Firmware Version: V1.0.0.146
  • Netgear Wifi Router: R6900P
  • Firmware Version: V1.3.2.134_10.1.66

Using the WPS setup process per the user guide.  It states to keep repeating the WPS process to connect to 5G, but I've had no luck.  I missed the tech support end date by a few days, so out of luck there.  I don't know if it matters, but I'm using the Smart Connect feature on the router (router intelligently selects the best WiFi band 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz for your WiFi connections. Smart Connect requires the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks to use the same WiFi network name (SSID), security options and password).  Appreciate any advice or suggestions. 

Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EX7300V2 Cannot connect to 5G on the Wifi Router (Netgear R6900P - Dual Band)

Hi DeathValley,

Good day!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for not being able to get back to you immediately. Did you by any chance try disabling the Smart Connect feature of the router and try setting up the extender first then enabling again the Smart Connect feature of the router?

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7