× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300v2 firmware - SLOW

fleetmack
Aspirant

EX7300v2 firmware - SLOW

I've had this thing for about 6 months running firmware 1.0.0.124 and it's been bulletproof. It's a wired access point. Never rebooted it and consistently getting about 450down and 600 upload speed. STUIPDLY I did a firmware upgrade to 1.0.0.128 last week when it prompted me. I started getting around 40down/10up speeds. This was disappointing, so I rolled back the firmware. No change. Did a hard reset and flashed back to 1.0.0.124 - no change. Did hard resets and tried 1.0.0.110 and 1.0.0.90 as well - no change. My v1 of this same device in the same location is getting around 350 up/down with the same channel if I substitute it. What in the world did the firmware do to this thing and how can I get it performing well again? It's a brick of trash to me. Honeslty, if this device is done, my loyalty and referrals to netgear will be over.

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7300v2 firmware - SLOW

have you tried factory resetting the primary router and the extender? 

Then reinstalling them. 

Message 2 of 3
fleetmack
Aspirant

Re: EX7300v2 firmware - SLOW

Nothing has changed on the router (zyxel). I did reboot it anyways, I get 950down/1020up hardwired to that router (it doesn't have any wifi antennas turned on it).  But yes, after i rebooted that, I did a hard reset of the access points. I'm not going to do a hard reset of the router, there is a 0% chance that will fix anything.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7