× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300v2 is bricked

Joe12343
Follower

EX7300v2 is bricked

Last week, my extender stopped working. When I power it on, the power light remains amber. If I connect an ethernet cable, the connection light turns green but no activity is shown. And that's it. Nothing I do changes this behavior.

SOLUTIONS TESTED:

(1) I used the 30/30/30 reset method and nothing changed -- the amber light does not flicker, blink, or show any indication that it knows I'm pressing the reset button.

(2) I followed the TFTP instructions here https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP but TFTP couldn't connect.

(3) I followed the NMRP flash instructions here https://github.com/jclehner/nmrpflash but nmrpflash couldn't find my device.

In short, it looks like the device isn't booting up enough to initialize the network stack so no communication is possible.

Any other suggestions before I buy a replacement from a different manufacturer? (This one is only 14 months old, and Netgear's "you only get support for 90 days" has soured me.)

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EX7300v2 is bricked

Hi Joe12343,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we are sorry for not being able to get back to you immediately due to system backlogs. Regarding your concern, it is possible indeed that the issue could be hardware already. Getting amber power LED means the extender is booting. In your case, it seems that it is not completely booting up that's why the workaround that you did doesn\t recognized the extender. You may plug into another power outlet ( directly not to a power stripe) or may try to reset the extender for a full minute. If all fails, then it's time to get a new extender. We are really sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7