× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7500 Extender

joebl
Aspirant

EX7500 Extender

While configuring some wifi devices, I notice that I have the 2.4 network at 100% and the 5ghz network at 80%.

So which is one is going to give me better performance and reliability.

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
joebl
Aspirant

Re: EX7500 Extender

Got it thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Thats a loaded statement. I'd turn the 5ghz power back up though. 

5ghz has higher throughput. That means faster speeds. 

2.4ghz has further reach and penetrates better.

So in terms this means that 5ghz is faster but doesn't reach as far and can't go through objects as well. It also has the benefit of more wifi channels. This means less interference from other 5ghz channels broadcasting and because it doesn't transmit as far, less interference because of this. 

Here's an acticle with more details.

https://www.howtogeek.com/222249/whats-the-difference-between-2.4-ghz-and-5-ghz-wi-fi-and-which-shou...

Message 2 of 5
joebl
Aspirant

Got it thank you.

Message 3 of 5
dancer1945
Aspirant

maybe you can answer my questions too. i got my new extender yesterday and was able to install and setup. i have a R7000 router. after setting up the extender, i went to "setting" on my iphone>Wi-Fi and was able to see and select the extender NEATGEAR-EX. after couple hours, it is no longer available in the setting>Wi-Fi and therefore unable to connect devices to the extender. another question: the extender has all solid blued lights except the 5Ghz. i think my router R7000 has bothe 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. thanks for your time and patience

Message 4 of 5
joebl
Aspirant

I cannot, so if I were you I post a new message.  Also, I have had some interaction with tech support and they are pretty good, so that's available to you as well.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7