× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7500 Login difficulty after FW upgrade yesterday

ghz28
Aspirant

EX7500 Login difficulty after FW upgrade yesterday

During setup change yesterday FW upgrade was recommended and performed, 1.0.0.50 from memory. After completion I attempted to setup again, chose "admin" as user and set a password. When attempting to login after completion of setup a VMWare login screen appears but it does not recognise the user and password as set earlier. 

Firstly, is this VMWare page correct or has my system been compromised?

If it is correct, is there a default user/password combination that it may be expecting? I can not find any documentation regarding this.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ghz28
Aspirant

Posting a closure message. After a few attempts finally got this device to factory reset and now it is once again working properly.

Thanks Christian for your response.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
ghz28
Aspirant

No replies after a few days so maybe my question is confusing. Simple version, is the device login screen on the EX7500 with version 1.0.0.50 supposed to be a VMWare ESXi login page?

Message 2 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ghz28 - You should not be prompted to a VMWare ESXi login screen to access the admin page of the extender. Please perform a factory reset on the extender and run through the setup. 

~Christian 

Message 3 of 6
ghz28
Aspirant

Thanks Christian,

I will try that when I go back to work on Tuesday. I did think it quite strange.

Message 4 of 6
ghz28
Aspirant

Posting a closure message. After a few attempts finally got this device to factory reset and now it is once again working properly.

Thanks Christian for your response.

Message 5 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ghz28 - Glad to hear! Have a great day 🙂

~Christian

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo