× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7500 Range Extender. I get all blue lights but 2.4 and 5 GB lights don't come on.

Rogerwhit
Aspirant

EX7500 Range Extender. I get all blue lights but 2.4 and 5 GB lights don't come on.

The set up seems correct, I get all steady blue lights, but the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz lights will not illuminate.  Logging into the extender  says "Your WiFi extender connection is up and running.  All the links show green, but the 2.4 and 5GHz say (no connection).  I've gone through set up a few times and see no difficulties.  I just downloaded the latest router (R9000) and extender upgrades. 

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band Wall Plug WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: EX7500 Range Extender. I get all blue lights but 2.4 and 5 GB lights don't come on.

Is smart connected enabled on the R9000? Try the EX with the R9000 with SC disabled and see. 

The 7500 may not be a good match for the R9000. The connection rates are slower than what the R9000 supports so the EX will be a bottle next in some regards...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Is smart connected enabled on the R9000? Try the EX with the R9000 with SC disabled and see. 

The 7500 may not be a good match for the R9000. The connection rates are slower than what the R9000 supports so the EX will be a bottle next in some regards...

Message 2 of 6
Rogerwhit
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  I'm jammed up right now, but I'll check out Smart Connect on router and see where it goes.  As for the Ex being a drag on the 9000, I'm very disappointed in NetGear for selling me and extender that reduces the performance of my router.  I'll find a way to let them know.

Message 3 of 6
Rogerwhit
Aspirant

Just for grins, I turned off SC on router before running off to my hecktic day.  I looked down at the extender an 2.4 and 5 ghz lights were blue.  Doesn't it bother you to know so much about this arcane business?  Mother nature doesn't like routers and extenders I'm sure.

Message 4 of 6
Rogerwhit
Aspirant

Can you recommend an extender that will keep up with the R9000 router?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

The EX8000 would best fit. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7