× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7500 Range extender drops connections

ArnaudB
Aspirant

Hello,
I also had the same problem.
Shortly I had to reinstall the WiFi because I had issues with my provider.
Since then I changed the WiFi channel for 5ghz from 100 to 104.
It’s been one week now since I experienced no more disconnection.
Maybe this can help anyone else.
Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 26 of 33
donkeybidder
Aspirant

Hi,

I have a similar issue also.  I have a Nighthawk 10 R900, unlike the other I have a schedule

Set on the R9000 to turn off the 2.5 & 5ghz networks at Night and the on again in the morning.

Now often when the R9000 come back on line the EC7500 fails to connect back.

If I check if the unit is connected to the router using the Nighthawk App, the extender is not present, yet if Iook at to the extender all the lights are on, if I then open the Extender browser and log into the Extender shows the 2.5 and 5ghz WIFI channels are both up and devices are connected.

So all the authentication Woking fine just the extender fails to reconnect back to the R9000 router in the morning , Like other switching the Ex7500 on and off helps but is now the solution

Now on several occasion I have also fully reset the ex7500 and set the unit up again, this works for a while and then the same issue start to creeps back again and so on

And before you ask, the Router is on the other side of the Main Staircase and the Extender in in the lounge all on the ground floor distance between the two is 3m

Any Suggestions !!!!!

Message 27 of 33
donkeybidder
Aspirant

Hi Thanks,

Do you have you the Schedule option running which cuts the Wi-Fi service on the router and then reconnects as a predetermined time?

As once mine connects all is fine just fail to connect when the Router Wi-Fi comes back on again! 

Thanks

Message 28 of 33
DaddyMac2
Tutor

Nope, I didn't have mine set. I have since gotten rid of that device as it failed to do what it was supposed to
Message 29 of 33
faisals
Initiate

I purchased my EX7500 today and set it up only to find that the connection was dropping. I did some online search and found this thread that started in October 2019 and since then, no solution has been provided.
It is surprising to note that all the top review websites have highly rated this item and after using it and reading this thread, I am convinced that those are paid reviews. It is such a disappointment.
Message 30 of 33
ArnaudB
Aspirant

I could solve the problem by changing the 5ghz channel on my routeur. On 104 it is stable
Message 31 of 33
donkeybidder
Aspirant

Hi,

End up sending it back to Amazon and updating to the EX8000, works perfectly no issue dropout or unable to connect after Time Schedule disconnect and reconnect.. Therefore, looks like The EX7500 has issue the unit is unfit for the purpose intended...  

@ArnaudB wrote:
Hello,
I also had the same problem.
Shortly I had to reinstall the WiFi because I had issues with my provider.
Since then I changed the WiFi channel for 5ghz from 100 to 104.
It’s been one week now since I experienced no more disconnection.
Maybe this can help anyone else.

Message 32 of 33
hmercier
Aspirant

Thank you guys, I really feel less dummy not being able to make the extender work properly knowing now it's a flaw in the design.

Following the advice from a couple of you, I gave a try to changing the 5GHz channel on the router (R7000P) going from the 153 to 48.

I'll let you know the outcome.

The next step will be to run a cat5 cable and install a switch. Needless to say I'm pretty disappointed with Netgear and that I'll look somewhere else for my next networking needs.

BTW, any suggestions/recommandation for a switch to connect to my netgear router? 4 port/Ge

Hughes.

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7