× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7500 Range extender randomly drops connection to router

bantonen
Follower

EX7500 Range extender randomly drops connection to router

I recently purchased two EX7500 mesh extenders before reading about all of the issues regarding dropped router connections. Anyway, wondering if there is a solution for this ongoing issue? I have a Nighthawk R8000 and my EX7500s are being connected to that. I can set up and connect my EX7500's with no issues, get all blue lights, and everything works fine for several hours and sometimes for up to a day. Then.... The extender loses its internet connection from the router. All devices attached to the extender lose access to the home network and the internet. All of the lights on the extender remain blue including the light suggesting it is still connected to the R8000. A soft or hard reset of the EX7500s fixes the problem. However, I can't be expected to continually be resetting the EX7500s. The firmware is up to date, I have tried factory resets multiple times, I have moved the EX7500s around, I have used the suggested wireless channels, etc. Etc. Etc. I have read all of the other posts regarding this issue. I also note that the techs at Netgear private message their responses to others having the same issue. That really suggests to me that this product is a dead duck and they can not fix it.

Is there a solution to this problem (which is obviously a major problem)? I need to either get this resolved OR get a refund for these devices.

Thanks,
Brian.
Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4
jlovell60
Initiate

I have the EXACT same problem, looking for an answer.

Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bantonen & jlovell60, 

If you recently purchased the device, we recommend contacting our Support Team: https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

~Christian 

Message 3 of 4
CJBlues
Initiate

Exactly the same issue where the 2.4 & 5 Ghz lights go out after about an hour. After a frustrating weekend trying to get it to work, I've decided to return it to Amazon. I've spoken to Netgear Support, who suggested that I try the EX8000. I'll check out carfully first! 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7