× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7500 shows on NH R8000 router but does not show connected

Jim98516
Aspirant

EX7500 shows on NH R8000 router but does not show connected

I am showing the extender conected to my router however it is not able to show a green light that it is actaully part of my network workign properly.  I am also not able to login to the extender via the app to try to fix.  I can access the extender via mywifi and it does show it is connected but not sending a signal out from it. When I log in via the routerlogin it does show the extender on the network.   How can i fix these errors?  I have tried reseting both and reconecting and that does not fix it.  I also have to set them up manually as the auto setup does not work.   I get the below error of time out when I try to log into the extender via the app and also is teh network map from the app showing the extender with no green light

4.jpg5.jpg

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

If you log into the R8000 through the browser, that'll have the ip address for the extender (if its connected). You can log in that route or via the mywifiext . net   and access the extender. check the status page there. It gives more information. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Pictures don't show up until approved by a mod. You'd want to click on "choose file" at the bottom to add them so we can see. 

What firmware is on the extender? 

What firmware is on the router? 

What exact green light are you refering to? There's several on the extender so you need to be specific. 

Message 2 of 7
Jim98516
Aspirant

Router firmware is v1.0.4.62

Extender firmware is v1.0.068_1.0.76

4.jpg5.jpg

Hopefully the pics came through this time.  The green light is in teh app  Network Map that shows the internet as green,  router as green and exdenter white/gray. 

Message 3 of 7
Jim98516
Aspirant

4.jpg5.jpg

Message 4 of 7
Jim98516
Aspirant

I just reposted the pics - for some reason it is not embedding them but making them an attachement

Message 5 of 7
Jim98516
Aspirant

4.jpg5.jpg

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

If you log into the R8000 through the browser, that'll have the ip address for the extender (if its connected). You can log in that route or via the mywifiext . net   and access the extender. check the status page there. It gives more information. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7