× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7500 to D7000v2 Dropping Connection

viclark
Aspirant

EX7500 to D7000v2 Dropping Connection

I have had issues with my Nighthawk Ex7500 Range Extender since new.  It is used to boost wifi signal to a Doorbell and Camera at the front of the house and when working does the job but it keeps droping connection to the Netgear router.  At first I just turned off 5G worked for a while but dropped internet to Tab and phone periodically.  The Extender login reported the 5g was set to channel 36 and advised 104.  Set the router 5g to 104 and it worked for a day.  When I checked extender login said it was back to 36.  Router login said 104 pressed apply all good for another day.

I have to do this every day.  TV and Arlo are Powerline adaptors.  HP printer 2.4 same room as router fails if switched off/on most times.  i am about to bin the 7500 and go back to an old TPlink which while weaker to the camera was solid in the same mains socket.  EX7500 issues with drop out are well documented but no solution suggested.  I understand channels change if radar is detected at 128 but at 104?

Why does the router show 5g set to 104 but the range extender set to 36? why does just setting apply on the router make it work for a day?  If these devices were from different manufacturers I could understand.  I have used netgear routers for 20 years this is the first issue I have not resolved.  HELP      

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7