× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7700 — AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender

Darren0215
Follower

EX7700 — AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender

Can you have 2 EX7700 - AC 2200 nighthawk x6 tri- band wifi mesh extender on your wifi network covering up staires area like i have already.

I would like if its possibe to have a second one down staies to make my wi-fi better if its possible.

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7700 — AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender

@Darren0215 wrote:

Can you have 2 EX7700 - AC 2200 nighthawk x6 tri- band wifi mesh extender on your wifi network covering up staires area like i have already.

I would like if its possibe to have a second one down staies to make my wi-fi better if its possible.

Is it possible to run 2x EX7700's on the same network? Yes. But it might take a little playing with settings. 

Some set it up and don't have any issues. Others run into issues when the extenders are running in mesh setup and connect to each other and not back to the router. This can happen when the extenders are in range of each other and for some reason they disconnect from the router. Sometimes they attach to each other. 

Easiest fix and most stable connection? Give one of the extenders its own unique ssid. Then they don't make a loop with it going extender <---------->extender. 

I usually recommend people look into upgrading to a mesh network when they start needing more than 1 extender to provide coverage. They're more seamless, better performance, and are a designed mesh system. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7700 — AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender

@Darren0215 wrote:

Is it possible to run 2x EX7700's on the same network? Yes. But it might take a little playing with settings. 

Some set it up and don't have any issues. Others run into issues when the extenders are running in mesh setup and connect to each other and not back to the router. This can happen when the extenders are in range of each other and for some reason they disconnect from the router. Sometimes they attach to each other. 

Easiest fix and most stable connection? Give one of the extenders its own unique ssid. Then they don't make a loop with it going extender <---------->extender. 

I usually recommend people look into upgrading to a mesh network when they start needing more than 1 extender to provide coverage. They're more seamless, better performance, and are a designed mesh system. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7