× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7700 — AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender Disconnecting from Wi-Fi

jackmiles1
Follower

EX7700 — AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender Disconnecting from Wi-Fi

Hello,

I am looking for some help. I've purchased an "EX7700 — AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender" which is constantly disconnecting.

I set the device up a couple times now to try resolve the situation and have more recently used the "mywifiext" method of setting up the router.

The setup goes through and I can get the device connected with my router however, after 1-2 days the Mesh Extender drops off the internet and once rebooted connects again to the router.

I've tried a couple of methods to resolve the problem. Firstly, I moved the location closer to the router hoping that I would get a more stable connection but I don't think this is now a problem since the connection remains for a day or two before disconnecting. I would also like to add that nothing happens to the electrics or router when the internet disconnects.

As for the Mesh Extender I have tired it after a factory reset on both old and updated firmware (latest firmware version) but again this has no difference.

I tried separating the network connection from 2.4 ghz and 5ghz to see if a difference was made but nothing and I have tried syncing both SSID with the router and assigning a unique SSID with password. The result is the same.

The more recent method was to try a static IP on the Mesh extender but again the situation repeated to happen.

When the Mesh Extender disconnects the light does come on and my devices (normally phone) shows unable to connect until a reset as been done.

I have tried Power cycling the network but again the same thing happens.

Any further solutions would be appreciated. I am starting to wonder whether the hardware is faulty?

The router is a

TP-Link AC2800 Dual Band Wireless

Thanks,

Jack

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX7700 — AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender Disconnecting from Wi-Fi

Hi @jackmiles1, apologies for the late response. If this isn't sorted out yet, here are some things to try and some things we'd like to know.

- Change the wireless channel on the router

- Is the connection of your other devices to the router stable?

Dexter

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7