× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7700 Firmware Corrupt

haywarc77
Initiate

EX7700 Firmware Corrupt

After logging into my EX7700 it asked me to update firmware. Accepted update and after restart the 7700 had a green blinking LED which is apparently corrupted firmware.

Found a discussion on here showing how to use Windows TFTP to load new firmware to the Extender, however when executing the TFTP command I received a message that the .img file (which I downloaded from the NG site and unzipped) was unreadable.

I have downloaded both versions 202 and 188 of the firmware to check if one was corrupted but I get the same message for both. As an aside if I double click on either of those file I get a message that Windows could not mount the file and it is corrupted.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
haywarc77
Initiate

Update

This was due to my mistake of not changing the Windows CMD line directory to Desktop before executing the TFTP command.

After correcting this the firmware loaded to the 7700 and I have it operational again

Apologies for original posting

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
haywarc77
Initiate

Update

This was due to my mistake of not changing the Windows CMD line directory to Desktop before executing the TFTP command.

After correcting this the firmware loaded to the 7700 and I have it operational again

Apologies for original posting
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7