× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7700 X6 AC2200 Tri Band Mesh extended. Connectivity issues

Mambinio
Aspirant

EX7700 X6 AC2200 Tri Band Mesh extended. Connectivity issues

I have had the extender for over a year with minimal issues. Recently it has started playing up. It won't show up or if it does won't allow my devices to connect. Sometimes it give no internet connection or keeps saying invalid password. 

I have restarted the device a number of times for it to work for a small time before the same issues occur again. I have also reset the device and done new set ups. Again same issues. The fireware is up to date.

Any ideas how I can fix this. Without this, I have no or poor connection in my loft as the router won't reach that far. 

Thanks

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4
DavidRC
Apprentice

Do you have the latest firmware (.210)? If so then a number of people have had problems that can be solved by going back to the .206 firmware. See:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/EX7700-Firmware-210/m-p/1972650/high...

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 2 of 4
Mambinio
Aspirant

Thanks.

I do have the latest firmware and will try rolling it back, to see if that fixes it.
Message 3 of 4
Csedunum
Tutor

Hello Manibio, 

I have a similar issue than yours. On my side, reverting to firmware .206 did not helped. I have succeded on your side? 

Kind regards, Cedric

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7