× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7700 combined with powerline

Chaplain
Aspirant

EX7700 combined with powerline

Greetings to All! 

It might be a noob question, but I want to verfy this befor my purchchase.

The house I'm renting (will move in next week, and the provider will hook me up end of next week) has a very weird setup. The router must be placed in the basement but I would need to supply WIFI to the level of the living room and to the level of the bedrooms. So the question is: can I connect the extender to the router through POWERLINE (cabel from router to powerline adapter than again cabel from the next adapter to the extender) in case the WIFI signal is not reaching my upper level? 

Thanks in advance!

Chaplain

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7700 combined with powerline

Can you do that? Yes. Will it work great/ok? unsure. Each house is different and performs different with powerline. reason why is many things impact powerline performance including age of the wiring, arc fault circuits, gfci outlets, high draw appliances, electronics going bad/poorly made, or even cell phone chargers can impact it. Plus other things. 

So can you do it? yes. Will it work to your satisfaction? we don't know. You'd have to try it and see. Sorry, Wish I had a better answer for you!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Can you do that? Yes. Will it work great/ok? unsure. Each house is different and performs different with powerline. reason why is many things impact powerline performance including age of the wiring, arc fault circuits, gfci outlets, high draw appliances, electronics going bad/poorly made, or even cell phone chargers can impact it. Plus other things. 

So can you do it? yes. Will it work to your satisfaction? we don't know. You'd have to try it and see. Sorry, Wish I had a better answer for you!

Message 2 of 3
Chaplain
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

Thanks. This would be a last chance in case everything else fails. 

Many thanks again for the confirmation. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7