× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7700 connection problems

SteveFromManc
Initiate

Virgin Media Hub 3 (In Modem mode) - R8000 Router - EX7700 Extender

Reading through the 50 or so postings on this thread I am so disappointed with Netgear for allowing the state of affairs to continue for two years without resolution.

I (foolishly) have been throwing money at the problem, replacing old kit with new under the misapprehension that was the probable root cause. Most recently I have bought a new Printer Epson WF-7210 and that is the final straw for me as it connects to the Extender most of the time and whilst connected is a great replacement for my aging Brother Printer/Scanner but I am still getting the same issues with the extender seemingly ignoring devices that hibernate and not reconnecting. Enough is enough, I am now going to explore alternative brands after exausting my loyalty to Netgear

Yours sicnerely

SteveFromManc

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 51 of 52
Jean-PaulM
Initiate

Hello,

I bought the EX7700 Nighthawk hardware (rather Nightmare than Nighthawk !)
I had the problem described in this incident (which, moreover, happened very quickly every night).
I ended up returning the material and bought a Xiaomi AX1800 (white model for Europe) which works great. I use it in repeater mode (it can do wifi router), and it offers 3 Giga Ethernet ports instead of 2 on Netgear.

The only problem I have is that I can't put fixed IP address (in repeater mode only) and I have to set it in DHCP server.

And what's more, really cheap.

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 52 of 52
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7