× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7700 extender.

Tonydoc
Initiate

EX7700 extender.

I've had this EX7700 extender for 18 months and no real issues. I recently updated the firmware to version. .210 since then my devices always ask for the password but won't accept  it.  This is mainly for the 5G but sometimes for the 2 G system.  If I get close to the router a ( HG659.) It will accept the password and connect but the problem recures when I'm in range of the extender.

I've tried resets to factory default and setting it up via WSP and the Netgear Gennie and smart connect, all with the same result. I'd like to roll back to the .206 version but despite following the process in the extender manual it won't allow me to roll back.

the problem is mainly with connecting my IOS devises and I've tried network reset on these but still the same.

any ideas folks????

Message 1 of 4
DavidRC
Apprentice

Re: EX7700 extender.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

Prior to downgrading, I'd try a factory reset and then reinstall it NOT using WPS. 

Message 3 of 4
Tonydoc
Initiate

Thanks to all for your replies, I eventually figured out how to get it to accept the -206

software after which it worked well again. I hadn't unzipped the download file the first time I tried!!!!.  There is some issue with the -210 software and IOS 

compatability. I didn't have a problem with windows equipment.

all good now, 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7