EX7700 loss of login from D7800

K5Hall
Aspirant

EX7700 loss of login from D7800

Firmware is V1.0.0.216.

EX7700 is connected to my main D7800 VDSL Modem router.

Using my desktop which is wired to the D7800 I try to login to my extender (EX7700) using Firefox and mywifiext which usually works fine. But I have had problems with this since I have had the extender. Several times now I have used this and just been left with a blank screen. My D7800 is connected to it (as seen by router attached devices page). The only way I can resolve this is to use the IP address which then gives me the login page which comes up as New Extender Setup!. The solution I find is just to power the extender OFF for a while and then power back ON. The extender then works fine.

I have had to do this at least 10 times since I have had this extender and it is still within its 2 year warranty.

NOT GOOD. I would have expected this to be more stable than this over a 2 year period!

Any help/resolution/others experiencing this issue?

No point going back to NETGEAR themselves as they will not talk unless you pay them more money!

Already done this for a long chat and to be given the instructions for resetting!

Also can anyone tell me how many instances of the EX7700 should I see in the D7800 attached devices page?

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E