× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7700

nivlem
Follower

EX7700

I have a R7000 router that has been working without fail for over a year besides the occasional reboot. Decided to get a EX7700 to extend wifi to some ip cameras. Network is fine for a day then all wifi goes down. Sometimes the router shows no internet and all leds on router go orange. All I have to do is unplug the EX7700 and WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING ELSE the network magically goes back to stable and everything is fine. Left the extender unplugged for a week and no problems. Plugged the EX7700 back in and about an hour later no internet on wifi or Ethernet. Router showing no connection. Unplugged extender and everything is fine again. I have tried every setting Netgear support has given and even got an RMA. Second unit sent is doing the same thing. End of my rope. Just going to take the $150 loss and get a extender that actually works. Still if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.
Message 1 of 3
dduijsters
Tutor

Re: EX7700

Sorry to butt in on your post 🙂

Same here, also the R7000 itself has to be rebooted when the Ex7700 gives up, usually after 1 day. Tried positioning, updated firmware, managed channels, etc. Also when I call support I need to give the serial number by voice and that doesn't work because it doesn't recognize the letters well and I have to start over. Gave up after 35 mins. And online I get this message: cannot be reached, see screenshot.

Bad product, no support.

Message 2 of 3
CamstarJunk
Initiate

Re: EX7700

I have the same problem as you. I set up the ex7700 in my basement and it has usually a white LED for strong signal, or yellow for okay signal. The broadcast wifi from the extender works for a while maybe a few hours but then inevitably, the wifi signal from the extender has no actual internet connection (wifi signal active but it cant actually browse the internet). Similar to what other people have said, if you use the OneWifi name feature, what ends up happening is you lose all wifi because the ex7700 is broadcasting the same wifi name, but devices that are connecting on the ex7700 dont actually have internet access. This is really unfortunate and Ive just been forced to replace the unit with an AC100 netgear extender which works seamlessly but its less aesthetically pleasing... and just to clarify as well even if you give the extender wifi a different name like “wifibasement” for example, it still ends up having dead signal after a certain period of time. What a shame!
Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7