× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX8000 Extender disconnecting

Ace2255
Follower

EX8000 Extender disconnecting

Hi everybody,

I have been having a problem with my extender disconnecting when QoS is active on my router. If I have QoS on after about a week of no issues my extender will randomly disconnect. The I fix the connection is restarting my router and the devices will be connected. again. If I do this eventually it comes down to restarting my router everyday. If I have QoS off my extenders network speed gets cut in half as compared to QoS being active, but My extender doesnt lose connection for a solid month. (still losing connection but its less frequent) 

Im wondering anyone esle is experincing the same issue with the same router and extender setup? I think it might be due to the fact that my router is a dual band and the extender is a tri band but im not sure. If anyone has some insight to what is going on or can help me figure it out that would be awesome.

More background info. I have about 25 devices on my network at any given moment (idling and active and hardlined). I have made sure to split the devices between 2.4 and the 5 ghz bands as to not further strain my setup. 

Internet provider is Spectrum at 400 Mbps 

Modem -Netgear CM1100
Router- NetGear R7000P

Extender- Netgear EX8000

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1, EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender, R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX8000 Extender disconnecting

Hi @Ace2255, what is the firmware version for your respective devices? Is the EX8000 setup in extender mode or AP mode? Do you have One WiFi Name enabled or Smart Connect?

Dexter

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7