× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX8000 Extender in AP mode Wifi Issues

kdubbz
Follower

EX8000 Extender in AP mode Wifi Issues

Hi, I have a EX8000 extender that I bought in Feburary 2020 and I initinally tried to use it as a wifi extender for my router but it did not work right. So i decided to use it in access point mode via hardwired ethernet, which has been fine untill today. I have a cat5e run to my desktop from the extender and that works fine there, but on my 2.4ghz and 5ghz wireless I cannot connect to the internet. IE My phone or my laptop, they see and will connect to all 3 wifi signals but all are not connected to the internet. I tryed a few soft reboots, upgraded the firmware and even did a factory reboot after the firmware upgrade, all to no fix. Anyone ever run in to this issue? Its maddening because everything appears to be in line and the status page for the extender states the same. I have also rebooted my modem and router with same results. I dont know what else to tryt at this point. Help!  -- Thanks in advance. -- Kyle.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7