× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX8000 Firmware V....232 Causes Serious WiFi Speed Downgrade

Photodocfl
Tutor

EX8000 Firmware V....232 Causes Serious WiFi Speed Downgrade

My EX8000 has been set to Auto Upgrade the Firmware and it recently did so to V1.0.1.232.

I recently noticed a serious reduction in WiFi speed from 500+mbps to 2-3mbps on all WiFi channels.

I checked the Ethernet ports and they were getting 900mbps imnput and giving almost the same output, i.e. the wired connections were working fine, but the WiFi was seriously degraded.

Simple rebooting, or Hard Resets did not solve the problem.

I downloaded the previous F/W V1.0.1.224 and installed it (You must open the Zip file and upload the EX8000...224.img file, otherwise it will give an error message).

A reboot brought back the WiFi to the previous 500+mbps speeds!.  I turned off the Autoupdate.

Message 1 of 4
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EX8000 Firmware V....232 Causes Serious WiFi Speed Downgrade

Hi Photodocfl,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the latest firmware. We would like to investigate as this is the first time we received a report about this issue. 

We would like to endorse you to NETGEAR Level 2 support team for a callback. Please provide the following information:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred schedule (atleast 2 days ahead)

Timezone:

Device S/N:

Alternatively, if you wish to be contacted via email only then kindly include your preferred email address.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Photodocfl
Tutor

Sent info via email reply.  Tnanks

Message 3 of 4
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Photodocfl,

We would like to do a follow-up on this one.

Thank you,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7